What is Cranial Sacral Therapy?
Cranial Sacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Emotional Difficulties
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Migraine Headaches
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries